Saturday, September 13, 2008

I am nothing

I wonder
from these thousands of "me's",
which one am I?
Listen to my cry, do not drown my voice
I am completely filled with the thought of you.
Don't lay broken glass on my path
I will crush it into dust.

I am nothing, just a mirror in the palm of your hand,
reflecting your kindness, your sadness, your anger.
If you were a blade of grass or a tiny flower
I would pitch my tent in your shadow.

Only your presence revives my withered heart.
You are the candle that lights the whole world
and I am an empty vessel for your light.


Rumi: "Hidden Music", p75

4 comments:

Crimson Shimmer said...

OH MY WORD!
MY HAIR JUST STANDS IN AWE AND RESPECT!

"If you were a blade of grass or a tiny flower, I would pitch my tent in your shadow"
- unbelievably beautiful.

thank u for sharing this Shafs :)

Shafinaaz Hassim said...

:) in being nothing is to be found, something...?

Crimson Shimmer said...

for true!
and in this something is to be found everything.
love the newly added shades btw...

dose flickr pics are most kool! :)

Anonymous said...

kimya and rumi

nothing. but something.