Sunday, October 26, 2008

sUperCars Sami Saturday









I have had the strangest day. In an enthralling way, overall :)
I am sitting at my laptop, checking mail, chat, etc.. as usual, accompanied by a Hershies Choc Bar. A rarity. As if I actually need mOre of a rush than my day has been. And yet, I am perfectly adrenalin sober. Sober. But Wowed. Day started off pretty sober. Then, dad said, come along for a 'drive'. I was sitting at the books, trying to pen some prose. I thought, drives bring inspiration. I was starving for some. So, I went along. The views were pretty good. Good to look at. As 'views' should be. I found myself in the midst of an arena I can only describe as a place of ego energies.. no, rather, a clash of ego's... and it wasn't long before I felt my blood pressure take a few downward swirls. Until I met some friendly folks and began chatting with them, that is...

So, along with dad and bro, I ended up spending this morning session at an aucor auction of supercars. Aside from the eye feast..the ultimate clash of ego energy was more than I could handle. But I have my theories about such things. For the next post. For now, just pics...

While I was ambling by trying to steer clear of the noise and ruckus, though, I met a lady also waiting around... (but far more clued up about such spaces than I care to be) and so we got talking... and some revelations later, we realised how I knew of her late brother who was killed in a car crash about four years ago. And in telling her about an aspect of his life that I knew about, a glimmer of amazing realisation dawned on both of us. Full circle kind of revelation. This is yet one more of lifes little A-ha moments. And so I am once again in awe of the wonders of the universe and the thread of life that binds us so inextricably. The story... welll.. yet another post.

And then, of course, I was revived and replenished at the Sami Y events at Coca Cola Dome in Northgate... And was thrilled to meet up with a bunch of people I havn't seen in ages ages Ages! Mwah Lady Nooj! And a whole bunch of others... And some new folks. And that Santoor. Sigh...

7 comments:

Az said...

Ah the beauty of synchronised steel...my heart claps :D

KiLLa said...

i think i saw u at the Dome..
Maybe not..

I think we differ in our views toward the concert as well..

I found it insulting and a complete mockery.. But thats just me..

Anonymous said...

Two things.

Firstly, I'm really liking those cars. too bad I can't afford them. And even if I could I might not want them, since they're as Jeremy Clarkson puts it. "footballers cars". BTW, what did the Astin go for? It's Yellow!

Secondly, you DIDN'T just do the "MWAH" thing did you?

Shafinaaz Hassim said...

@ azra... yeaaaa... but the yellow austin was so illegal.. i mean, there shud be laws against that happening!

@ killa... hmm... u did? i was with a bunch of witsies etc :P
but, yea we chat about the theories later perhaps... i think it was awedul marketing on oasis side cos ppl who disagree are gna question the shariah compliant nature of their dealings/.//...

@ ex-sg... i mwah'ed! yep/... twas yellow... i forgot to take pic of blue n white cobra, 2008 model... but the orange matches my phOne.. i can afford the 1:35 model so it works :P

Anonymous said...

hey shafs...i reckon who needs a fella, when you can slide into one of these beauties, and get them to rev / purr...at your beckoning...hmm, what say ?

Shafinaaz Hassim said...

LOL

u r priceless, hun!
aw... but im still convinced there are some awesome guys out there... somewhere. its always good to know that the bullshit detector has been upgraded and the spec's list is a bit more refined :P

i need to say again: yellow austins kill me! (actually im hoping thats the only one ever made!)

M Junaid said...

charouchick - that just sounds wrong dude!