10 or so things I may impart to spawn that might be born someday
1. Read. Starting with The Tales of Peter Rabbit, of course! It will kickstart your imagination.
2. Travel. Because the world is filled with fresh oyster and it's a large percentage of water (dnt want to quote just any ol' stat so this will have to do). And water quenches many Thirsts, of course! ;)
3. Paint. Crayons on walls if you must! Draw. Sketch. Create!
4. Be. Exactly who you are! And precisely who you want to be. Even if that changes every day :)
5. Sing. Because a free voice is a free soul. Even if it's a tune to the rememberance of your Creator.
6. Believe! There is a Higher Power and each living being will construe of such in their own way. There is no other way.
7. Love. Deeply. There is NO other way.
8. Smile. It's one way to share good energy with all around you. And its the least you can do for the wonders that surround us.
9. Breathe. Everything else is a bonus! :)
10. Imagine. The possibilities are endless as the grains of sand on all the beaches of the world.
Shafinaaz is a sociologist, artist and poet based in Johannesburg, SA. She is the author of several works of non-fiction and fiction, and has been listed in HayFestival's Africa39 category of top 39 authors in Africa under the age of 40 at the London Book Fair 2014. Also see www.shafinaaz.co.za
I write. As I must. Words are my paints of expression on an otherwise bland canvas, my rollercoasters of delight on otherwise dreary roads. Entertainment or derision, they manifest in my varied states of being. Until theres silence. Even then, theres a dialogue of sorts that continues... in spirit? Who knows..